- “Borrow Pits” in Passages North — forthcoming!
- “Writing a Scene About Happiness” in Elsewhere — forthcoming!
- “Geysir” (part of a collaborative travel essay) in Punctuate — forthcoming!
- “How to Find Michel de Montaigne’s Estate (Or Get Hopelessly Lost Trying)” in Literary Hub
- “A List of Concerns” in The Rumpus — winner of the 2017 Drake University Payton James Freeman Award (selected by Thomas Page McBee) and the 2016 Oregon State University Joyce Carol Oates Award (selected by Héctor Tobar)
- “Tracks” in South Dakota Review
- “What Christmas Means to Me: A Timeline” in Essay Daily
- “Childproof” in Proximity
- “Canyoneering” in The Collagist
- “Via Veneto” in First Class
- “Five Plots” in Seneca Review
- “Burning Out” in Penumbra
- “Comics and Composition, Comics as Composition: Navigating Production and Consumption” in Composition Studies with Tammie M. Kennedy and Jessi Thomsen
- “Nebraskier” with In-Residence Podcast, Episode 6
- “On ‘Childproof'” with Proximity
- “Trying to Chip Away at Universal Truths” with The Collagist
Pleiades Book Review
- Peter Selgin’s The Inventors—forthcoming!
- Philip Freeman’s Searching for Sappho
- Dinty W. Moore’s Dear Mister Essay Writer Guy
- Adrianne Kalfopoulou’s Ruin: Essays in Exhilic Living
- Julia Cohen’s I Was Not Born
- Sarah Gorham’s Study in Perfect